Sunday, September 20, 2009

Artist SPOTLIGHT - The Cool Edition

The Cool Kids




I want to start off by saying.... I know Mikey Rocks of the cool kids. Not personally - but, Nonetheless, we went to high school together. I would never have thought he would end up being 1 half of the RAP DUO known as THE COOL KIDS. Might I add I was not nearly as cool then as I am now, then again, that statement is a personal opinion. You may not think I'm very cool at all. (thats a joke B T W)



The point is I didn't know he had been in a rap group prior to teaming up with Chuck English, so when I was in my college dorm watching mtv, and saw his face on a commercial I thought "he looks FAMILIAR". Then I saw the video for Mikey Rocks; while in the school lounge. I ran(not literally) to a CPU, and facebook a few friends on the matter. Turned out yea... I did know the guy. We had Piano class togther, and I remember thinking, "I'm ahead of the pack" (not because I was just that good, but I had taken the class before). Not even a year later, BAM, dude was blowin up.



Seems like after that I saw him in magazines, all over youtube, and then BEST BUY. I picked up the CD, didn't like it, but after being reminded of my HIP HOP HISTORY; I loved it. The beats come hard, and the rhymes are simple. But not in a bad way, in a way that reminisces OLD SKOOL RAP. Might I add the punch lines are in all the right places, which makes the rhymes more effective in the song overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment