Saturday, August 7, 2010

The Musical Arts Institute- Summer Workshop Choir



I was presented the opportunity to sing in a choir this summer. I've NEVER been in a choir. I took the opportunity to do something I wouldn't normally do, and I enjoyed it. I had moments when I felt otherwise, however I am glad I stayed with it. I was moved by this song, "They Crucified My Lord", composed by Lana Manson of the Musical Arts Institute based in Chicago, Il.

I think the word is euphoric, I feel euphoric at the moment. When we sang at the concert (8/06/2010) you could feel the spirits of the audience. The people were so happy, and I get joy in knowing that I provided a piece of me to help get them to that point. I was amazed.


By the way this is just a rehearsal, I will try and get a better video.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I always wanted to join a choir, but I don't think I'd have the discipline to make the rehearsals. You guys sound good.

    ReplyDelete