Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dreads on my Head

I did not grow dreads, locs, dreadlocks, or what ever you like to call them solely for aesthetics. I do not do this to be a pretty boy Floyd or to be down with my favorite rapper. I dawn dreads upon my head for expression. I am expressing my individuality. My own individuality despite all the mini Wayne's around the world. Freedom is the intent of my expression. I'm bothered when people tell me my hair is not up to par. They may not use those words but thats what it sounds like. They are more concerned than I, and it's my head. We all have our pet peeves, I know, but how could I be free if I am always fucking with my hair. Having said that, there does come a time when I feel the need to see my own scalp and tidy up my parts. Yet I wish not to be bound to the slavery of my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment