Monday, May 10, 2010

2d final project

I will be creating a series of paintings this summer that show the progression of cancer. I will be working with various material and styles to depict the different variables of the disease.

Artist Statement:

I am very connected to the disease cancer. I lost four close relatives to it. I have painted with domestic house paint (latex paint) on canvas (36 x 48) the progression of cancer cells. Starting with a sparse cell structure, leading to a mutated cell. The mutated cell (tumor) multiples, and consequently take over the form. I have black and white to show the dynamics of the disease. I feel that color would have added a dynamic point to the narrative. But I omitted color, to show the extremes of the positive and negative aspects.



this is what I have so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment